Prof. Dr. Ali M. El- Shafei
Hon'ble Board Member
IJBST Journal Group
Prof. Dr. Ali Mohamed Elshafei
Emeritus Professor, Dept. of Microbial Chemistry, Division of Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology, National Research Centre, Dokki, Giza, EGYPT
Hon'ble Board Member, IJBST Journal Group http://www.ijbst.org
· Previous Head of the Dept. of Microbial Chemistry, National Research Centre, Egypt (July 2003- June 2008).
· B.Sc.in Chemistry and Biochemistry, June 1970, Faculty of Science, Ain-Shams University.
· M.Sc. in Biochemistry, January 1976, Faculty of Science, Ain-Shams University “Biochemical Studies on Newly Isolated Antibiotics”.
· Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry “Biochemistry”, June 1982, Faculty of Science, Cairo University “Utilization and Degradation of Aldonic Acids in Fungi”.
· Visiting Professor at Arkansas and Connecticut Universities, USA (1989) and Vrije University, Belgium (1984).
· Principal investigator of an Italian/Egyptian Bilateral project (2011-2013) and 7 ended Projects and supervised and examined a large number of M.Sc and PhD Theses.
· Awarded an American Peace Fellowship to the University of Arkansas, USA for 5 months, in the period from September 4, 1988 to February 3, 1989.
· Reviewer for various national and international Journals and Prizes.
· Member of American and Egyptian association for Microbiology; American Association for the Advancement of Science AAAS; 2003; American Biographical Institute for Distinguished standing to the Research Board of advisors.
· Participated with the German partner in transferring and operating the Mobile Fermentation Plant for the production of fodder yeast to the Egyptian partner (1981-1987).
· Research is mainly focused on studying the metabolic pathways of different sugar acids, their derivatives, nucleotides, nucleotides and their bases, microbial preparation of nano-particles, investigating imparting antimicrobial properties and onto cotton, blended, polyster textile fabrics.
· Received numerous awards namely, State Prize in Biological Sciences (1993); Third World Academy Prize (Italy) in Biological Sciences ( 1990); NRC Prize for scientific contribution in Agricultural and Biological Sciences ( 1987); the State Medal Prize for Excellency (first class) from the Egyptian President (1995).